Supporting Future Leaders in STEM
The Future of STEM
We are dedicated to building programing that supports the future leaders in STEM and improves representation across gender, race, and ethnicity.
Two Sigma's Undergraduate Scholarship is open to all undergraduate students who are expanding frontiers in a STEM field such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, and physics.: Apply now
Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship
Two Sigma's Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship is open to undergraduate students from historically underrepresented groups who are expanding frontiers in STEM.: Apply now
We are actively partnering with accredited universities and colleges to establish new scholarships for undergraduate students who are members of historically underrepresented groups.
Provisions of the Award
- Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time award of $15,000 USD paid to the Scholarship recipient directly, which, as a condition of the scholarship, may only be used for tuition, fees required to enroll at or attend their university, and books, supplies, equipment, and course-related fees for courses at their university
- A Two Sigma Research Mentor will be assigned to each Scholarship recipient
- Each Scholarship recipient will be guaranteed a first-round interview for a Two Sigma 2023 summer internship
In order to successfully apply for a Two Sigma scholarship, applicants must be:
- Full-time students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited university in the United States
- In their third or fourth year of a 4-year undergraduate degree program when the scholarship begins (fall semester or quarter)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Physics or Astronomy
- Applied Mathematics
Two Sigma employees, contractors, or consultants and their relatives are not eligible.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2023 application through November 4.
Application Materials and Process:
- Application materials can be submitted by a faculty or staff member from your department or directly by the student. The department Chair does not need to submit the application on your behalf
- Applicants must include a current version of their resume, ensuring that a current email, phone number, and mailing address are included
- Two letters of recommendation are required for each applicant from faculty members in the department or related department who are familiar with their work
- After submitting your application, an email from Two Sigma will automatically be sent to your two provided referrals requesting they submit their letter of recommendation through a separate link and portal. Please notify your referrals to expect this email prior to submitting your application.
- Applicants must submit their official academic transcripts (undergraduate degree only, all years)
- All nominations and application materials for the Two Sigma Undergraduate Scholarship must be submitted by the faculty member electronically via the online application
In selecting a recipient, Two Sigma evaluates candidates in the following areas
Letters of Recommendation
Applications for the scholarship will become available on the Academic Partnership website on September 1. Students will be able to upload their resume, references, and academic transcripts through November 4.
Applications will close November 4. At that time all inputted information will be considered final and no further changes will be permitted.
Following careful evaluation by a panel, candidates will be notified of their selection in early January.
Recipients will be announced on the Two Sigma website and social channels in mid-February.