Applications are now being accepted for 2023 Undergraduate ScholarshipsApply Now

Two Sigma’s Academic Partnerships program offers many ways undergraduate students can connect with the Two Sigma community. Through scholarship and mentorship programs, we take great pride in supporting the goals and initiatives of undergraduate students of all backgrounds.

Opportunities

Undergrad Scholarships

Read More :

College Mentor Connect

Read More :

Internships

Read More :

Undergrad Scholarships

Two Sigma is excited to offer two scholarships to undergraduate students in STEM fields. The Two Sigma Scholarship is open to all students while Two Simga’s Diversity Scholarship aims to provide support for members of historically underrepresented groups.

Learn More

College Mentor Connect

As part of our commitment to supporting diverse talent in tech, Two Sigma sponsors a yearly College Mentor Connect program. This 6-week remote summer mentorship program pairs early college students from historically underrepresented groups in STEM with Two Sigma tech professionals on open source projects in a learning-focused environment.

Learn More

Internships

Spend the summer working in a creative and hands-on environment that gives you the freedom to innovate and dig into unique and complex challenges.

Learn More

Undergraduate Experiences at Two Sigma

Applying Theory to the Real World

Two Sigma’s research teams imagine and devise quantitative trading models using advanced techniques in time series forecasting, machine learning, analyzing real data sets, and applying cutting-edge techniques to derive insights for their teams and projects. We implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and test these on real world alpha modeling problems. All Quantitative Research interns have the opportunity to conduct research on financial data analysis, forecasting techniques, and statistical models, as well as apply their skills in a real world setting to learn multiple aspects of quantitative trading and research. In the past, interns collected and analyzed unique, novel, unconventional data sets like ecommerce activity, energy consumption, and traffic patterns to predict behavior of companies, industries, and the global economy.

Opportunities Through Financial Support

We are proud to offer scholarships to students who are expanding frontiers in STEM.

$15k

award for tuition, fees, and supplies

Networking with Two Sigma Leaders

Undergraduate students have unique opportunities to work with and connect with Two Sigma leaders during their time with us. Whether it’s research mentor meetings with scholarship recipients, the annual chess tournament with our interns, or exploring a new application within open source as part of the College Mentor Connect, Two Sigma colleagues enjoy the opportunity to meet with and share ideas with students.

The semester that I received the scholarship, I was able to fully focus on my academic and professional growth without having to worry about how I was going to pay for my tuition every month. I finished the semester with a 4.0 GPA and two A+ grades, I submitted a paper for my research as a first author to a journal, I secured a new research opportunity for the summer, and I received an award from the Astronomy Department for being an "Astronomy major of excellent academic standing." It is with no exaggeration when I say that it was my best semester in college so far, thus I am forever grateful to Two Sigma as I couldn't have done it without the help of the Two Sigma scholarship.

Fira Fatmasiefa, University of California, Berkeley

Two Sigma Scholar

Both during and after my final internship presentation, several team members had many questions and follow-up ideas regarding my topic. I certainly had the idea in my head that intern projects aren't usually interesting for many people other than your manager, so I was very pleasantly surprised as we talked at length about the nuances and details of what I had done this summer, and we also discussed possible future steps, despite my internship ending very soon. I thought this interaction highlighted both the deep curiosity everyone has, as well as the impact that the intern projects are designed to have.

Kevin Shao, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Two Sigma Intern

The program allowed me to be more confident in pursuing a career in computer science and my weekly talks with my mentor and hearing about her career journey eased a lot of concerns I had. For that, I’m eternally thankful.

Leyla Tuon, Hunter College

College Mentor Connect Participant